Thursday, July 10, 2008

The End

I write this, my last blog entry for this trip, almost, sadly. I am so thrilled to be back home, back around my loved ones and familiarity, but that adventure in my life is over. I may get to take another trip like that one day, and I know I will travel more, but I know things will never be the same. Life changes and evolves. For that, I am mostly grateful, but we never have the chance to go back to the way things were.

"And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference." - Robert Frost

I cannot thank you enough, my loyal readers, for reading about, and experiencing my adventures with me. It was a great comfort to hear from you all and to know that people were out there, thinking about my travels.

My trip was incredible. I don't know how to sum it up any better than that. I cannot describe it in a few words, a few sentences or even a few paragraphs. The things I learned about cultures and people, and about myself are totally invaluable. This trip is something that I will never forget, something I will always treasure.

I am slowly but surely loading the 3500 pictures I took onto a Shutterfly website. It will take me several days to get them all on the internet. When you have the time, I would love for you to venture through my travels through my photographs.

http://rebeccastravels.site.shutterfly.com/

If you have the opportunity to travel, do it. Make the sacrifice because the experience and memories you will create are totally worth it! If you have the opportunity to visit any of the places I traveled during my trip, please feel free to contact me. I would love to give you pointers or share stories to help you make your trip as enjoyable as possible!

Farewell my dear readers; it has been a true pleasure!
Rebecca

rebecca.annesmith@yahoo.com

3 comments:

Jessica Eastman said...

Thank you for a lovely blog to read!

Now you should get a blog for your normal life. I mean, wasn't it fun?

Virginia said...

Home safe and sound with so many wonderful memories in tow! I can hardly wait for the debut of your lovely photos. I think I will check right now. Can't wait to chat with you. Thanks for sharing your travels with us.

Anonymous said...

Rebecca,
I'm glad your trip was everything you wanted it to be and more.... Thanks for sharing your wonderful adventures--they were a true joy to read!! Welcome Home!!!